This blog began in the last presidential campaign season, four years ago, as an outlet for my political opinions. The blog header said something like "Exercising my right to free speech in a blog instead of emailing rants to family and friends"... or something equally succinct and catchy. :-/
Then I abandoned it. After blogging my heart out for Terry Schiavo, which included getting some attention to her cause from Hugh Hewitt, I think I was burned out. I didn't feel like posting about trivial events... or maybe it was just that lots of things seemed trivial after her death and the death of JPII. Besides, I was busy. (Who isn't?) The number of posts per month dropped precipitously, and petered out almost entirely in 2006.
But, obviously, last year I decided to start blogging again, and when I did, it was less of a political blog and more of a Catholic homeschool mom's blog. (There are quite a few of those, and if I had more time, I'd have lots more of them in my blogroll!) I think I'd developed a serious distaste for all things political, and also it just seemed like a lot more fun to blog about what I love best: faith, family, and homeschooling, a.k.a. the Domestic Bliss that I doggedly pursue and, happily, quite often catch.
But we're now deep into another presidential election season. I find my blood pressure rising over the dangerous proposals, false assumptions, and utter drivel coming from both the candidates and the citizenry. I can't resist the siren call of political debate, even though it goes against what seems to be a code among my Catholic Homeschool Mom friends to avoid politics in our posts.
Consider yourself forewarned.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Let the rants begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, by all means, SPEAK!!
Not ALL your readers are 1) moms; and 2) homeschoolers.
You know the rules...all is fair in love and politics!
Post a Comment