Monday, February 18, 2008

Wisconsin Primary tomorrow

I thought that by this time the nominations would be pretty much settled and we'd really have no one to vote for, other than as a formality.

I was pretty sure that McCain would have things locked up -- and while the media want to portray it that way, he really doesn't -- and I also thought that by now either Hillary or Barack would have it wrapped up, but they're in a dead heat.

(Do I dare say it... the choice for Dems is between Barack and a hard face? Oh, that's absolutely terrible. Let's pretend I didn't really say that, OK? OK. Good.)

I've recently received emails from homeschoolers in three different states begging me to consider Huckabee.

They make the case that he's an advocate for homeschooling. But that's not a good enough reason to vote for someone for president; it's too small of an issue in the grand scheme of things.

However, after reading this voter's guide, I have to say that I agree with Huckabee on most every issue.

And to those vocal Republicans who say that there's no difference between McCain and Hillary, please, read that guide, sit down with a cold compress on your forehead, and then tell me again: there's really no difference?

*********************

OK, I actually did make that horrible play on words above... so let me just say, I don't think Hillary has a "hard face" in the sense of being hard to look at. As a woman, I resent the nasty things some people have said about her looks; they're mean-spirited and not even true. Come on, you have to admit she's at least better than average on the attractiveness scale. Have you been to the mall lately? Ooh, that was kind of mean-spirited against the mall-dwellers, wasn't it? Sigh. I'm sorry.

What I meant was that she's had to set her face hard against her husband's humiliating and repeated infidelities; against the embarrassment of his impeachment; against the women who have claimed they were assaulted by him. So that's what I meant. Just for the record. Now let's go back to pretending I never said it, 'k?

Maybe I should stick to posting photos....

1 comment:

Dad29 said...

Nah....relax.

The pun was wonderful.

By the way, Pro-Life Wisconsin's exec director is supporting Huck, too.