Some advice for the Clinton campaign:
If your candidate already has an image problem, with people perceiving her as angry, nagging, shrill, and unlikeable, do not have her say the following in a strident tone:
Shame on him? For what, daring to critizice her opinions? On the issues? Wow."Shame on you, Barack Obama. It is time you ran a campaign consistent with your messages in public — that's what I expect from you," Clinton said angrily, waving the mailings in the air.
Here's the scolding.
I don't know who that poor guy is in the background, but I feel sorry for him. He looks kind of scared.
I think most of the real men in this country dislike Hillary because, as P.J. O'Rourke brilliantly put it, she's the "woman who taught the 4th grade class that every man in America wished he were dead in."
Most real women know who she is: she's the woman we're all afraid of becoming on our worst days.
More from the inimitable Mr. O'Rourke:
Now, if the real Hillary is half as kind and smart and funny as her supporters say, then that's wonderful, and we've all gotten the wrong impression.A man can be a Democrat to the core, going into the voting booth to pull the lever with the donkey label no matter what. Then he sees Hillary's name on the ballot. And it all comes back to him . . . the first marriage . . . the time he came home a little late, it wasn't even midnight, and he'd only had four or five beers, and she threw his bowling ball down the storm sewer.
But if she's just half of what her detractors say, well, then I feel deeply sorry for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment