Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So who did I vote for?

I'm not telling. It's a secret ballot, right?

Tom and I went to vote together. We'd talked about it on the way over there, but neither one of us knew for sure how the other would vote. Heck, we weren't even sure about it ourselves.

I stood there looking at the ballot for a long couple of minutes.

Reflected on the long list of names, all of whom save 2 in each party have withdrawn from the race. (Who is Duncan Hunter and how did I miss hearing anything about him?)

Considered putting my mark next to "Unassigned delegates".

Considered wailing, weeping, and gnashing my teeth about the choices before me.

In the end, I made my mark for the candidate who I really think would make the best President of the United States of America.

And it turns out Tom and I didn't cancel each other's votes out.

1 comment:

Dad29 said...

Duncan Hunter is a California congressman--kind of the West Coast version of Fred Thompson.

EASILY the second-best candidate after Fred (would be first-best except you have to be a wonk to know about him.)