I'm so flattered. I'm being courted! I've had three gentleman callers in the past few days.
Barack called yesterday. He's so smooth... his voice so deep and mesmerizing... his words so calming... his message so hopeful...
Blech.
OK, then there was the call from John. I've known him for such a long time that he's like an old friend.
Really, really old.
His voice is a bit more gravelly, a little less suave but much more experienced... the voice of someone who knows suffering, and courage... and Ted Kennedy and Russ Feingold.
Sigh.
Finally, today, Mike called. So unassuming... so honest and just such an ordinary guy.... a great role model for our overweight society (he lost over 100 pounds, you know)... and the governor of the great state of Arkansas.
OK. Yeah.
What's a girl to do? I can't say yes to them all.
Hmmm... now, if one of them would send me flowers, like these:
And by the way, I wonder why that gal Hillary didn't call?
No comments:
Post a Comment