Awhile back I promised some pictures of the kids making a kitchen-table volcano.
So, here are the pics!
First, the kids made their salt dough mountain around an old glass jar. Then they carefully measured and poured in water, dish soap, a little red food coloring, and baking soda...
Then, the vinegar, and... LOOK OUT!

I love how they both sort of jumped back, not sure what to expect from this volcano.
Of course, we then had to re-do it several times, just to see the bubbling, overflowing "lava".
Notes on the background: See the plain kitchen walls? We just stripped off all the old wallpaper but haven't gotten around to putting up anything in its place. We will before summer, I hope.
2 comments:
I never would have noticed your walls, M.E., if you hadn't mentioned it. :) I was mostly looking at your daughter, trying to figure out if she looks more like you or your hubby.
The volcano looks like it was lots of fun. No wonder they wanted to do it over again.
I still can't figure out who she looks like. Did you come to any conclusions?!?
By the way, I broke one of my blogging rules in this post: I showed one of my kids! I couldn't resist the expression on her face.
Post a Comment