I stumbled across a really cool thing earlier this year: an way to read through the entire Bible in one year, using a handy set of bookmarks listing four short readings each day.
If I can remember the blog that deserves the hat tip, I'll be sure to update here.
In the meantime, here are the bookmarks for the first half of the year, and here for the second half. Print them, cut them out, match them up, glue-stick them together back to back, and you're ready to start. Just don't laminate them, as I originally thought I'd do, as then you won't be able to use the handy checkboxes to mark off the sections as you read them.
It doesn't matter if you're not starting on January 1; just start now, and pretend it's January 1st! You'll be done a year from today instead of next New Year's Eve, that's all.
Besides, they've very kindly planned for only 25 days of reading each month, so you have about 5 extra days for "catch-up", if needed. (And for me, it's always needed, sad to say.)
I really like this format: insteading of starting with Genesis and reading straight through to Revelations, each day you read a little from the Old Testament, a Psalm, a little bit from a Gospel, and then a bit more of the New Testament starting with Acts of the Apostles.
The only downside is that this isn't based on a Catholic Bible, but you can always use the extra days for the extra books.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Reading the whole Bible in one year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment