Just read this. It'll make you feel much better about everything, and much better about the good sense of American voters.
Friday, October 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Posting from the trenches of Catholic homeschool motherhood
and political conservatism.
"Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person."
-- Blessed Mother Theresa of Calcutta.
Just read this. It'll make you feel much better about everything, and much better about the good sense of American voters.
4 comments:
I heard it mentioned today that Walter Mondale was considered the 'clear winner' of his 1984 Presidential debate with the Gipper. ...Hmmmm, trying to remember how that election turned out for that great debater...
That sound you hear is the land sliding over the top of the waltzing French mime!
I truly hope you are correct and this election will be a landslide for W. for a couple of reasons. 1) We need to continue this global fight against terrorists and we need George Bush leading the way. 2) We need to send a message to those terrorists that we aren't going away. We're not running home, we are not going to concede to their evil plans and we will not, we can not allow them to think they have any chance of ever winning.
I wish I could be as optimistic as you are regarding the election results. I'm very, very concerned regarding all of the voter fraud information that is becoming more and more prevalent, almost epidemic. The republican party needs to understand that a different war is being waged on the ground in this country. That war is being fought with voter registrations by a party that has absolutely no problem with cheating and accomplishing their goals no matter how fraudulent the means. I fear we are losing this war and not only are we losing, not enough of us realize the extent to which it is happening. The other problem we have is, what do we do about it?
Good post, Anon. I'm also extremely concerned about fraud (posted about that somewhere here, "One Big Worry", I think it was). But here's what we can do:
1) Volunteer for the Bush campaign, TODAY! Do everything you can to help. Email and call your friends; talk to your neighbors; put up yard signs; do anything you can.
2) Donate to a Republican campaign, such as Michels for U.S. Senate (Wisconsin). Or, of course, Bush/Cheney for President!
2) Call your city hall and talk to the election officials; find out what they're doing to prevent voter fraud. Let them know that you're a concerned citizen. I called City Hall and talked to the city clerk to express my concern.
3)If you run into people from groups like "America Coming Together", or other groups who are registering new voters, talk to them. I haven't yet, but my brother did, and he talked to them, firmly! Ask them why they're doing this in Wisconsin, when you can register at the polls. Ask if they're getting I.D. from people, as required by law. See if you can find out if they know what local election laws are, to start with.
4) Write letters to the editor, and call your local officials from alderman to state rep to city attorney, to find out what they intend to do about preventing fraud, and if that fails, prosecuting it.
5) Again, volunteer for the campaign. Go to www.georgewbush.com and sign up; find out about the big events planned for this last month before the election.
I think I'll post more on this later. It's an important topic. Thanks again, anon!
This is a small addition (if I may) to the first anon who mentioned only two reasons why Bush should be re-elected.
I'd like to add a third: To send a message to the left wing liberals that mainstream USA isn't interested in their radical ideas.
Sure, it's a free country and you can stay, but quit trying to force your twisted idea of what is moral and right on the rest of us, all along calling us "intolerable of diversity", when it is you are the most intolerable of diversity (different from your own) of all.
Like I said, it's a free country and you can stay, but if you think it is better in some far off country, then by all means go there so you can be happy. The sooner the better!
pmm
Post a Comment