An update on the John Edwards "they'll get up and walk" statement:
Rush Limbaugh quotes Charles Krauthammer, columnist, and paraplegic:
For Edwards to make the claim he did is the worst demagoguery I've heard in Washington in a quarter century. To imply that Christopher Reeve was kept in the wheelchair because of the policies of the Bush administration on stem cells is ridiculous and insulting.And here's Krauthammer from last August, writing about the stem cell issue (and praising President Bush for his ethical approach to the subject):
When I was 22 and a first-year medical student, I suffered a spinal-cord injury. I have not walked in 32 years. I would be delighted to do so again. But not at any price. I think it is more important to bequeath to my son a world that retains a moral compass, a world that when unleashing the most powerful human discovery since Alamogordo — something as protean, elemental, powerful and potentially dangerous as the manipulation and re-formation of the human embryo — recognizes that lines must be drawn and fences erected.
1 comment:
Hello,
Just another note on the Kerry04 tactics: a northern Wisconsin Republican campaign headquarters (in Minoqua I believe, but you can check on that) closed its doors due to anonymous threats. I learned of that when I visited the Republican headquarters in Woodruff, Wisconsin - the same headquarters that was broken into a few weeks back...
pmm
Post a Comment