Monday, October 18, 2004

In my own (250) words: Why I'm voting for Bush.

Hugh Hewitt has another symposium question: "In 250 words or less, why vote for Bush and what's wrong with Kerry?" In my answer, below, I focus on "what's wrong with Kerry". I'll post again later, focusing on "what's right with Bush".

And here are my 250 words:


Bush is the better choice by far, because Kerry:

• thinks terrorism should be just a “nuisance”, and clearly doesn’t get the seriousness of the Islamofascist threat to all civilized countries.
• can’t be trusted on any issue, especially the war on terror, because he has a record of changing his mind according to whichever way the political winds are blowing. His only guiding principle: “What’s best for John Kerry?”
• thinks countries like France and Germany, who took bribes in the Oil-for-Food scam run by the corrupt U.N., are allies, but in fact those countries admit they won’t send troops to Iraq no matter who wins, and it’s pretty clear that those countries can’t readily be trusted, based on their willingness to take bribes from a mass-murdering dictator.
• badmouths true allies such as England, Italy, and Poland, as well as the new leader of Iraq, and then has the gall to say he would be able to get more international cooperation.
• wants to return to the pre-9/11 era, as in the Clinton years, when the U.S. bent over backwards to be “respected” in the world, but the terrorists used those years to plan, finance, and train for the 9/11 attacks, besides carrying out numerous attacks on our bases and embassies around the world, and they would do it again, no doubt.
• thinks it’s morally permissible to pull babies almost entirely out of the womb feet first, and then kill them, in the barbaric “partial birth abortion”.

2 comments:

Attila said...

M.E., I like your entry, too, and I also appreciate your sticking to the rules. I'll have to come back here when I have more time. Good luck to you!

-- Attila (Pillage Idiot)

Snowflake said...

Absolutly right on! Some days, I look around and think Kerry is going to win because of all the signs I see in yards all over and all the Bush-bashing on TV. But reading entries like yours gives me faith that the "good guys" might win after all!