Got the camera unloaded, did the soccer carpool (but why am I wishing I was a hockey mom??) and now am loading up the pics. Photography by my youngest daughter, age 9.
Picture One: The Line. This view stretches back into the distance -- you can see people standing all the way in the background at the top left. We couldn't see the end of the line, at all, ever. This is the point at which we gave up and walked back to an intersection closer to the rally site. It doesn't look like a huge crowd, but keep in mind, this line of people went on for literally almost a mile (a commenter here at Boots and Sabers says the line was 1.5 to 2 miles) and there were already thousands in the stands at the rally site itself.
Picture Two: The Same Line looking the other direction. We'd already walked about six blocks away from the rally to get to this point.
Picture Three: Protesters. Wendy says some of them admitted to getting paid to do this, but I'm not sure if they were the same ones as in this photo. We only saw about a dozen protestors and they really didn't interact with the crowd, at least as far as I saw, anyway.
Picture Four: One of the better homemade signs.
- "Maverick & Lipstick: What the White House Needs"
- "Democrat for McCain"
- "Women for McCain"
- "Homeschoolers for McCain"
- "Arugula vs. Caribou" (my personal favorite)
2 comments:
I may be in those line pictures.
I'm kicking myself now for not finding the Turner Street entrance. I think the line went right by it.
We never knew of any other entrance. In fact, I'd ask a cop why some people were walking another direction and he told me they weren't trying to get in to the rally, they were just going to stand outside of it. Hmmm....
Post a Comment