McCain wants to "suspend his campaign" and postpone the debate.
Oh, this is bad. First of all, it gives the impression that he's flying back to D.C. like Superman to fix the financial mess. Ridiculous.
Secondly, why can't he discuss the issues with his colleagues while he's campaigning?
Thirdly, it gives Obama an opening to say "I can do two things at once".
So my reaction is that this isn't good at all.
Ann Althouse thinks it's good. That surprises me.
Ah, but a quick look around the blogosphere finds a few others who have the same take I do: The Anchoress says "this may be the day we look back on as the day McCain lost the election"; I'm sad to say I agree. This just gives me a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.
The Other McCain says, in his inimitable way, "Holy Crap! This is insane!" Yep.
Dang.
UPDATE: Thank you, kind Anchoress, for the link. Welcome, visitors! For your perusal, here's another post, short and to the point but with lots of good linkage, and here's one for a more introspective look at things. And for a laugh, which is hard to come by today, this one.
1 comment:
Apparently Obama will still be attending the debate, even though McCain has suspended his campaign...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/25/obama-will-make-debate-a_n_129250.html
I wonder what they are going to do...
Post a Comment