Sunday, March 06, 2005

Two Items

Went to This is Rich today to see what he was up to, and while there I found a couple of interesting stories on his news ticker from CNS. (I think I ought to subscribe to that nice little sidebar feature.)

Item One: The Dems seem to have changed their approach in describing anything proposed by President Bush or Republicans, especially related to Social Security. The old term used by the Dems was "risky scheme", the new one is "goofy plan". Maybe "risky scheme" had worn out its welcome.

Or maybe they're trying to get people to believe that Bush is dumb. I don't think that's going to work. Recent events are proving him to be, well, pretty close to brilliant, I'd say.

Item Two:
Some House Republicans would like to restore free speech to pulpits. Good. I'm tired of law-abiding, Republican-supporting preachers following the rules and being afraid to speak out on political issues from the pulpit, while law-ignoring, Democrat-supporting preachers do it with impudence.

In fact, some of those preachers been known to invite candidates into the churches to speak directly to the people. And where is the liberal, division-of-church-and-state crowd then? Surprisingly silent.

1 comment:

rich glasgow said...

Thanks for the honorable mention! Interesting that 'free speech needs to be restored' in the churches. Why was it allowed to be taken away in the first place? It's very telling that "restoration of freedom of speech" is even an issue! If people would read the Bill of Rights once in awhile and thereupon become outraged, politicians might not tread upon our rights so boldly.