Sunday, March 13, 2005

New Berlin man involved in shooting spree

Yes, I live in New Berlin, and no, I don't know who this man was. It's another sad, sad story, just like the story of Bart Ross, who killed the husband and mother of Judge Lefkow last week. Tragic, all the way around.

2 comments:

Attila said...

Whenever you have one of these horrible murders, the neighbors always say, "He seemed like such a nice guy," or something. This fellow was "an average Joe" who had never killed anything and even had trapped and released the chipmunks in his garden. We're always left to wonder how such a guy could have snapped. We never think that maybe the neighbors simply didn't have the guy's number in the first place.

I'll bet you've been fielding calls from all your out-of-state friends and relatives.

Anonymous said...

Well, I heard it reported during the news on the radio, this morning I believe, that this particular religious organization is one that looks at events around the world, both natural and human, to say, "You see, the end of the world is near." While this may have had nothing to do with the tragic actions the man from New Berlin took, I think that it is tragic in itself that a religion would have it's followers believe that some singular event would announce the coming of the end of the "world". I for one, would not like to live my life everyday thinking, "Yep, tomorrow is it. The end of everything." I think most of us realize that we just don't know when our time as individuals will be up here on earth but most of us don't live our lives thinking the end of the world is the day after tomorrow. Maybe we shouldn't be trying to predict when the world will end but instead be focusing on what we are doing with the time we are given here on earth. So tragic.