Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Happy Birthday, Clive

In honor of C.S. Lewis's birthday (on this date in 1898), here's a good article.

I think I'll also begin yet another reading of "Mere Christianity". Was thinking about that book the other day, wondering if I should send it to a friend, not sure if it will still hold up after so many decades of post-modernist damage to the world. Will a modern reader find it hopelessly out of date? Will his examples from a WWII era hold up during a War on Terror era? Will his 19th century chivalry seem to be just sexism in the 21st? Maybe a re-reading will help me decide.

And to our friend "JAS", who also is a huge C.S. Lewis fan, thanks for your comments on this site the other day, here and here.

That's one reason I enjoy blogging: I love people's comments. Usually it's people I know (thanks, honey! And thanks, brothers!) but every so often there's a complete surprise, which is great.

Of course, some people get comments even when they're not blogging at all. Sigh.

No comments: