Thursday, September 30, 2004

Tonight's debate

Haven't had time to blog about anything today - not that there weren't lots of things to blog about. But just have to post this before we watch the debate tonight: If "W" can just keep that twinkle in his eye, he'll win. That's how he won the debate against Gore (when Gore came stalking over toward him), and that's how he can win tonight. As I said in a previous post (no time even to look up that link, so if you're interested, you'll have to hunt for it!), Americans don't want a humorless drone for their President. That's not the deciding factor, of course, or at least it shouldn't be, but if there truly are people are still undecided (really now, is that possible?) they might make up their minds based on personality. Bush wins that contest hands down.

I'm predicting that Kerry will go after Bush like an attack dog. He's been hanging out with Joe Lockhart et. al. just long enough to decide to go all out. Besides, he's got nothing to lose at this point. I can't imagine that he'd be dumb enough to mention Vietnam, but then again... OK, he'll mention it just twice.

That's all I have time for now. Wanted to post about the Dr. Phil interview with the Prez and Laura yesterday, but no time. Wanted to post about the horrible violence in Iraq today, but only enough time to say it breaks my heart, but makes my will stronger, that we persist in this war and win it. I will pray harder, and give more. The local news had a story about a school principal who was called up to Iraq; he spoke very movingly about going there to help other children, in another country, have the same opportunities that children here already have. God bless him. I'll keep him in my prayers as well.

No comments: