Monday, September 27, 2004

Thoughts from an Iraqi blogger

Just go and read this, please. (Link via Instapundit.) He's justifiably angry about the sneering column by Maureen Dowd (which I won't link to, because it's just not worth the cyberspace). Here's a quote from the Iraqi blog:

But it's the Dowds who seem to have the floor. The vast majority of Iraqis who want to make the country succeed and are willing to take risks and work hard to achieve that goal are all fodder for her snide jokes. Rest assured, Iraqis know Allawi's history very, very well. Iraqis know about his Baathist past; they know that he is no Nelson Mandela. But for now, he's their chance. For figures like Dowd, Allawi and indeed all his fellow Iraqis are just punchlines. But if this is about sarcasm and jokes, we'll see who -- the Iraqis or the sneering press -- has the last laugh.
I know who I'm rooting for, and it ain't the press.

No comments: