During school time today, my 7-year-old son read a poem titled "The Sewing Lesson" from his McGuffy reader. Those books are delightful. (Note to self: Good topic for future post...) It seemed appropriate to give him and my 5-year-old daughter a little sewing lesson, so we got out the sewing basket and a piece of scrap velvet cloth. They each unspooled the thread, cut a length, threaded the needle, and then sewed a few inches of stitches. I couldn't believe the joy they found in this little task! When I said, "That's enough sewing for today" (just as the mother in the poem had said) they put away their materials and said they couldn't wait for their next sewing lesson. I love homeschooling.
Monday, September 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
...I'd better get home and start throwing the football with that boy right away!
Post a Comment