Tuesday, September 14, 2004

To Kitty Kelly: "Bye-bye now".

I'm watching Matt Lauer interview her now right, and I have to say, in my humble opinion, he's shredding her. I don't think this book will have any impact on anyone with an IQ higher than a turnip's. I mean, Laura Bush sold drugs to kids?!?! After picking myself up off the floor, it occurred to me that this book should be in the "Humor" section at B&N.

As far as the Bill Burkett question, Lauer at least mentioned in passing that he is possibly implicated in the questions about the forged documents (not exact words here, just going from memory). Well, that's something, I guess. But I'm still waiting for someone in Old Media to flat out acknowledge that the documents are forgeries, and that Bill Burkett has an axe to grind and is hardly an unimpeachable source. I won't be holding my breath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M.E.,

Thank you for your insights! It's good to have your voice out here.

You are right on about so much in the MSM. Big Media operates in a number of ways: they put something out there, and if it's a negative(true or not) about someone they don't like, they hammer on it incessantly until it becomes fact in people's minds. If it's negative about someone they like, assuming they report it at all, they give it short shrift and never bring it up again, so it is forgotten quickly. (Those Friday afternoon announcements!)

This time, it's backfired on them. They hammered on this memo, and now that it's turned against them, they are having a huge tantrum because the rest of the world refuses to pretend they never heard it! Now they will have to discredit everyone who communicates via the Internet, not just those mean talk-radio people. Typical response of the pathological liar.

I predict it will get uglier before it gets prettier. Do you think Michael Moore can fantasize a documentary about it before November?