Friday, November 11, 2005

Warning: Rant about to begin

Drudge (in an earlier headline today linking this article) says "Bush unleashed".

To which I say, "It's about time!"

What on earth has he been waiting for? I was wondering how long he was going to sit around before fighting back. I'm so sick of the media distorting the reason for going to war, spreading Joe Wilson's lies, and generally bashing the heck out of the President and his agenda, especially in the GWOT.

And while I'm ranting here, let me also say I'm sick and tired of the feebleness of the Republicans. They have the House, Senate, and Presidency, and what on earth have they done? What are they, afraid of the Democrats? Afraid of Teddy Kennedy? Give me a break.

We got a call not long ago from the Republican National Committee, begging for money. I told them not one dime, not one penny, until the Republicans start acting like Republicans. I want budget cuts, pro-life judges, pro-life laws. I want every single Republican to be out there explaining why we are fighting in Iraq, what the stakes are, why the Islamofascist threat is serious, and what our successes have been so far.

I was one of Rove's army of volunteers around the country last fall. But I'm starting to wonder why on earth I wasted my time and shoe leather walking around the neighborhood doing lit drops and talking people into voting for Bush. Why'd I give money for Republicans if they're not going to act much different than Democrats?

Republicans: Grow a backbone. Rent one, if you have to.

But until then, you've seen the last of my support.

3 comments:

steveegg said...

Sounds familiar. If only you had the "Who is John Galt?" reference, you'd sound like GBfan back in July

Chris said...

I know it sounds weird coming from me but

"AMEN" you are so right on so many things in that post.

Regards,
GBfan

Jane Bellwether said...

I've been trying to fight the feeling, but something needs to be done about the people who are in office on our backs but don't act like they were elected for any particular purpose.

What is so sacred about the ANWR, anyway?

I flubbed a trackback again... post here: Is 'Gutless Wonders' Too Strident?