Tuesday, November 22, 2005

About that shopping trip...

Thought I'd just add a little bit to that last post because of the comments. (Thanks for stopping by, Dad29 and tee bee!)

First, we were shopping at Kohl's. Yep, Kohl's, that staid department store.

Second, the padded bras in the girls department? That was Target.

Just so you know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M.E. said...

Oooh, spam. How did spam bots get in here? I've got Spam Poison (whatever that is) plus I use the word verification feature.

Vicky, if you were a real person, shame on you for spamming my blog.

And if you are a spambot, I hope you catch a nasty software virus. If that's even possible.

Dad29 said...

Kohl's is not a 'fashion leader;' rather, they are a mid-price alternative, which means that they are selling last year's designs.

Field's, maybe even Boston Store, is a better 'leading indicator,' (not that I shop Field's.)

For my wife, I buy at Boston Store.

Target, for whatever reason, has gone mad in the last 10 years.

Jane Bellwether said...

I guess it's been a while since I've been in a Target, and perhaps the Jville Kohl's is a bit less prone to the hinky stuff - face it, ME, you're in the big city!

I do shop a lot from certain catalogues that don't feature garbage, though I can only dream of Lands' End as regular fare.

I hope you let the managers know in print that you disapprove, and that you don't mind sharing your opinion far and wide... I can hope it will make a difference, can't I?

Maybe you will spawn a new franchise of clothing. I bet it would do very well without the prosti-wear.

PS I am pretty bummed that you won't be at the thing next Saturday.

M.E. said...

Hey tee bee, I know. I'm bummed that I can't make it, too. But we just are already overbooked for next weekend as it is. Kids' activities, mostly, that require either parental attendance or driving!