Brought the laptop to the orthodontist's office while 12-yo daughter gets her braces taken off, and yes! They have wireless! So while I wait for my daughter to emerge with sparkling straightened teeth sans-metal, I will post a few links to some good reads:
Patrick has a nice post for this beautiful spring morning: A New Day Dawns.
The Anchoress is going to be blogrolled here soon. She had some wonderful posts about the Pope lately, including one very long "live blogging" post on Saturday.
Rich Glasgow has worthwhile thoughts on various topics, as always, including the ghoulishness of George Felos.
Don't miss the beautiful comment right here on this blog, by my friend Kathy Zap:
What a way to die. What a way to live! When I see how he embraced his suffering with so much love, and still gave himself right to the end, it makes me hope I could someday be at least a little bit like him, if I really let go and live my life.Exactly. But read the whole comment.
And finally, some thoughts also from a comment here, by my husband.
If someone wants to commit suicide by jumping off a building because they feel emotionally or spiritually disabled, society has deemed that wrong and has prevention mechanisms - Suicide Hotlines and counselors - to try to save them. The same thing applies here, just becuase you write a suicide note in advance about a possible change in your physical/mental status due to an unforseen disability, that doesn't make it acceptable.I'm so glad he and I are in agreement on these issues!
That's all for now, before my battery runs down here (literally, not figuratively).
But over the next few days (that is, when I have a few minutes free in between working on our tax return...!) I hope to have some posts about the future of this blog.
I don't know if I can return to "ordinary" blogging of the kind I was doing before I began non-stop Terri Schiavo blogging, and before the truly "awe-ful" coincidence of her death and the Pope's. (As I told my husband, if I hadn't blogged it here, I would already be hard pressed to believe that Terri Schiavo died in the morning and the pope received Last Rites in the afternoon of the same day.)
Suggestions, anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment