Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tonight

Not ashamed to admit I cried. I've never done that before over an election. Ever.

It's not because "my side" lost; it's because America is lost.

God have mercy on us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't cry! Ora et laboro!

All the votes haven't even been counted yet. Even if John McCain's concession turns out to be warranted, we need to be grateful that we were not created to live eternally under an Obama or any other earthly administration. Our hope is in the Lord and whatever He calls us to do. He has called us to shine the light of Truth on our nation as never before; we have to continue to pray, listen, work, and hope. In our weakness - and our fear, our disappointment, whatever it is - we will be strong.

"I have told you this so you might have peace in Me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world." (Jn16:33)

God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Every American should be proud tonight. This was a historic moment this is in our nation's history and a moment that will not be forgotten in the near future. It makes me sad to read your posts as well as those of other McCain-supporting blogs tonight. We need to rise up, join hands and unite to make this country a more perfect union. We need to meet the enormous challenges this country faces with strong resolve and a willingness to work together. I hope, no, I pray you will channel your strong feelings for McCain into strong feelings for all Americans. To the Future. To the UNITED States of America.

M.E. said...

Thanks, Kathy. I know, I'll keep working and praying. But first I had to cry for the unborn babies because Obama will sign the Freedom of Choice Act, for Israel because I believe Obama will not support her, for America because we've elected a Marxist who hates this country, who surrounds himself with Communists, Islamic radicals, and criminals who hate this country and the rule of law.

We are headed into a very dark future, and that's what makes me weep.

You're right about the spiritual dimension, of course: We're called to live in the Heavenly Kingdom, and that's the main thing. However, in the temporal realm, things have taken a terrible turn, and that's naturally very distressing.

M.E. said...

Optimistic Moderate: I have a sneaking suspicion I know who you are, first of all... :)

Anyway, just want to say that obviously I have strong feelings for all Americans, and strong feelings for this country that I love.

I think you are referencing the historic nature of electing a black man. I am post-racial; to me, that is the least important aspect. Same if we'd elected the first female; doesn't matter. That's not the important part.

What's important are the ideas the person supports. We just elected the most viciously pro-abortion candidate ever, one who supports infanticide, partial-birth abortion, and who said his greatest mistake was voting to save the life of Terri Shiavo. He supports evil.

Would you tell me to be happy if we elected someone who was historical by virtue of race or sex but who just happened to be in favor of putting Jews in gas chambers? I don't think so. I think you'd weep, too.

To me, this is exactly the same.