A gorgeous day here in Wisconsin: warm, sunny, with brilliant red, orange and yellow still on the trees and bushes.
I've had a beautiful day enjoying my rights as a free American. I went to Mass with the kids to pray for the country, as is my First Amendment right.
We came home and had a great morning homeschooling, as is my God-given right and duty as a parent, using my own choice of curriculum without state interference, as I may lawfully do in my Wisconsin.
After lunch with the kids, I went to pick up our college daughter her Catholic University to go to a doctor's appointment in our state-of-the art, envy-of-the-world, non-socialized health care system.
Then we went to vote, as is our right as women under the Nineteenth Amendment. Breeze in, breeze out; there were people voting, but nobody in line. It was peaceful and orderly, as it always should be in America, and as I pray it always will be, today and forever.
Now, I'm sitting here for a few minutes blogging, once again exercising my First Amendment rights.
I'm staying very calm today: not too much coffee this morning, no Fox news AT ALL, just occasionally checking Drudge for any flashing red and blue lights (nothing yet, but a big red headline saying exit polls show Obama big... well, surprise, surprise, but I don't trust the exit polls, I'll wait for the actual poll results, thank you), and mostly just waiting till this evening when I'll break my fast from wine and spirits and indulge in a nice glass of something or other, either to celebrate, or to drown my sorrows.
And I'm still praying! I hope you are, too. If McCain wins, it truly will be a miracle. If he doesn't, well, that means that our prayers will be answered in other ways, but never for one minute do I believe that our prayers went unanswered or that they were in vain.
Keep praying, everyone. "Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!"
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Election Day, at last
Labels:
ordinary life,
politics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment