Saturday, November 08, 2008

Sarah Palin

We all should be appalled at what was done to Sarah Palin.

Mainstream media carried out a character assassination on a decent, honorable American citizen who had the courage to run for national office.

She's smart, but was made to appear stupid; a savvy conservative, made to appear a backwoods hick; an experienced and extremely popular Governor, made to appear just a "housewife" with nothing to qualify her for the office of Vice President.

This woman ought to be praised to the heavens for the amazingly classy, composed way she behaved while subjected to unrelenting hate during the entire campaign, and even now.

As my husband said, dozens of reporters in Alaska, tearing through dumpsters, trying to pay people to dish the dirt... and they got nothing. Nothing! It was all nothing more than petty jealousy, liberal elite snobbery, and worse: the unmasked hatred of the Party of Death for anyone who so clearly personifies a Culture of Life.

First words out of my mouth when she was selected for Veep were "Wow! That's fantastic!" I still believe I was right about her.

A good friend told me that she just wasn't ready for the national stage. I disagree.

She was ready for us. The liberals weren't ready for her.

h/t The Other McCain

2 comments:

Dad29 said...

I swear--what was done to her was purely Satanic.

For good reason: she is the living rebuke of the Cult of Moloch.

M.E. said...

I have to agree, Dad29. There was something eerie about the venom spewed out at here; something far beyond even the most heated partisan politics. If we are in a spiritual battle -- and of course we are, whether we all know it or not! -- then Sarah Palin took the brunt of the enemy's assault on family, marriage, and the right to life. It was brutal, but at least brought clarity to the nature of the battle.