I was right; it is a joke.
Thanks to The Husband for sending me an email just now; thanks to our friend Jim S. for the catch on Rizzn.com:
I spoke with Maura Buxbaum at ID PR today; Maura is Christopher Walken’s publicist. She said that she’s been innundated with calls all day about Christopher Walken’s ‘bid for public office,’ but she did in fact confirm that the site is a hoax.Later in the post quoted above, the blogger (Mr. Rizzn???) says
“Mr. Walken has no intentions for public office,” said Buxbaum. “Perhaps one of his fans got a little excited seeing him play Secretary Cleary with presidential aspirations in Wedding Crashers.”
most of us bloggers imitiate Mainstream Media most of the time to get past the gatekeepers.Au contraire, mi amor! Whenever I've called a government office or any other entity (including the Crawford newspaper that published the endorsement of John Kerry), I always say I'm a blogger. And you know what, I always have been given the same access to press briefings or answers to questions as any other media person, for what it's worth.
Which isn't much, usually.
(But still... gotta have MORE COWBELL!!! And again, thanks for the link, honey!)
No comments:
Post a Comment