Thursday, August 18, 2005

Starbucks? NO. Local coffee shops? Yes.

And here's why (hat tip to brand-new blogger Michele):

Not only is Starbucks sponsoring "Pride" week, but an event that places innocent children in the middle of sexually explicit materials ... and registered child molesters will be there running the show? If Starbucks is doing this knowingly, it is blatant irresponsibility, and if they are doing it unknowingly, it is irresponsible of them not to have done their homework. I started pacing back-and-forth, and all I could think was "Starbucks hates children."

[snip...]

I overestimated, but discovered that if I drink five grande lattes a week for a year, the total number of lattes would equal 260, coming to a total cost of $1,040. So, in my four post-college years, I could have contributed as much as $4,160 to a company that supports the volunteer work of child abusers, "Pride" events, abortionists, and do I really need to go on?
I've never been a Starbucks person, except for the Barnes & Noble cafe, but then again, I'm not much of a Barnes & Noble person, either. I'm mostly a Mrs. Sippi's / internet shopping kind of person. But this gives me just one more reason to never step foot inside a Starbucks again.

2 comments:

shana said...

Wow, same here. As a pro-life leader, knowing that Starbucks supports planned parenthood, I don't think I can ever go there again (even if they are the only ones who serve raspberry hot chocolate)

Theo C said...

Just pass the rumor that Starbucks Coffee causes facial hair in women and penile disfunction disease in men. That should take care of their profits.

Unfortunately many big name companies give to gay rights groups and pro-abortion organizations. Verizon, the telephone people are notorious!