Yesterday, I saw two different clips of McCain saying the same thing, one from the now-famous rally in Waukesha, and one from an interview with Charlie Gibson.
McCain used the same line both times, saying, "Look, we don’t care about an old washed-up terrorist and his wife who still, at least on Sept. 11, 2001, said he still wanted to bomb more." He then went on to say that what mattered was that Obama wasn't telling the truth about their relationship.
But he's got it completely backwards! We do care about Obama's long-term, close association with Bill Ayers, unrepentant domestic terrorist. Ace gets it, and Malkin, too. My husband gets it, my Mom gets it, my kids get it.
But McCain? Apparently not.
What, a politician lies? Stop the presses. *Yawn.*
But, a man running for President of the United States makes a lifetime habit of hanging around with domestic terrorists (Ayers and his wife Bernadette Dorhn), America-haters (Rev. Wright), and Marxist radicals (Alinsky)?? That's a serious issue and that's exactly what we're so angry about.
McCain, I'm now convinced, is completely tone-deaf on this issue. He's so in love with his record of "reaching across the aisle" that he has no clue as to what is driving true conservatives insane about this race.
He's forgotten that none of us conservatives were ever thrilled with all that aisle-reaching in the first place. What did that get us? Oh yeah, McCain-Feingold (horrible law with terrible results) and a whole lot of nothing else.
But wait, he's probably not tone-deaf, but he's afraid. He's afraid that people are getting so angry about this stuff that he won't be able to keep up his "Maverick" label, that he'll actually have to act like a conservative Republican, God forbid.
He's also afraid he's losing control of his supporters. Just saw a clip of him telling a crowd "not to be scared" of a President Obama, and the crowd basically shouted him down.
I'm losing the affection I'd started to feel for this guy. He's back to just being an annoying politician, which is how I always viewed him in years past when the media was oh-so-in-love with him but hated every truly conservative Republican. I'd rather vote for half the people in the audience at his rallies than for him, but that's really not an option.
So, yes, I'm still going to vote for McCain rather than the Marxist, unlike Christopher Buckley who apparently has lost his mind, but I'm not going to be real happy about it.
Oh, and by the way, Chris Buckley: Do you really believe Obama wrote his two autobiographies himself? Really?
The man who hasn't written one. single. thing. for a law review or any other publications, as far as anyone can tell? But he wrote two books about himself?
Really!??
Try this theory on for size.
No comments:
Post a Comment