Monday, June 30, 2008

Ain't technology great?!?

We just got some instant messages from our oldest daughter, who's in the airport in LA right now waiting for the last leg of her flight home. So, no kidding, isn't technology great?!? How cool that she could contact us that way, and that I happened to log into AIM messenger a few minutes before she did!

In about four more hours, she'll board a flight with Midwest Airlines, which truly is "the best care in the air".

And then, tomorrow at 5:30 a.m., the entire family will be at the airport to greet her.

I've been so happy for her having this great adventure and a wonderful time these last ten days that I haven't paid too much attention to how much we've all missed her. Let's just say, "De Nile ain't just a river in Africa, baby."

But now.... I can't wait to see her again.

2 comments:

Soutenus said...

I know! I know! I love being able to be in contact with my oldest (in college) via texting, IM, emails, cell phones, blogging and yes, facebook!

When you get the chance, please come over to A Catholic Notebook and add your personal favorite Catholic books to the growing list via the com box. I am putting together a Blogger's Choice Catholic Reading List. I can't wait to see and share the results. Come on by!

M.E. said...

Yes, it's great! Except when it's not.... like when a computer crashes, as our desktop did last Friday ... or when the i-pod battery dies, or whatever...

But most of the time, I agree, it's great!

And your list sounds cool; I'll try to stop by and add some titles.