Thursday, March 27, 2008

About that ban on incandescent light bulbs

Here's some good news (h/t Lileks):

By Kevin Diaz, Star Tribune

WASHINGTON - How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb? Americans may soon find out, courtesy of a contrarian piece of legislation introduced this month by Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota

Titled the "Light Bulb Freedom of Choice Act," the bill seeks to repeal the nationwide phase-out of conventional light bulbs, the kind that have been used for more than a century -- pretty much since the invention of the incandescent light bulb.

I am thrilled about this! In fact, I just called Rep. Bachman, who not only is smart about lightbulbs but is also a pro-life Republican, and left a message of support. It doesn't matter that I'm not her constituent, I'm still going to thank her for this.

If you recall, I really don't like the idea of mandated florescent bulbs.

Do you want to call Rep. Bachman, too? Here you go: (202) 225-2331.

1 comment:

rich glasgow said...

This is news to me....great news....thanks for posting this!