Thursday, November 29, 2007

About that Lemonade Stand, down on the sidebar. Keep scrolling, keep scrolling... riiiight there!

I meant to write something about that weeks ago, when I first put it up on the blog.

It's called My Lemonade Stand, and it was featured on the Today Show one morning. I tried to access it, but of course their server was freaking out because of the rush of traffic from the Today Show plug. A few days later, I got an email from them, saying, basically, "we're sorry, we weren't prepared, please try us again!" Who can resist that kind of humble plea?

So, I tried again, and it worked fine.

And the only reason I decided to put it on my blog was to let people know about that one little product, Shout Color Catchers.

Fellow Moms: If you ever do laundry -- I'm talking only to those of you who don't have private laundresses or who don't have your personal assistant take all the laundry to the cleaners -- you really, really want to have these things. They're little sheets that go in the washer, white as snow, and they come out completely black or red or blue or whatever the excess dye happens to be in that load.

Thus, your clothing stays the actual color it's supposed to.

I cannot tell you how many times a shirt or pair of shorts or whatever came out ruined because it picked up streaks or blotches of color from something else... even something I thought was safe because it wasn't brand new.

But no more! Honestly, this is a great product. I throw these sheets in with every single load, whether I think there will be dye loss or not, because you never know if somehow, someway, a bright red sock will have been accidentally tossed in with the whites. Pink undies, anyone?

Now I live in mortal fear that this product will be discontinued, perhaps because not enough people know how great it is.

So, I'm begging you, if you ever do laundry, please, please buy this, so that it never is discontinued.

And so that you, too, can know the joy that I know, two or three times a day, 6 days a week, when it's laundry time.

Yes, I'm being somewhat exaggeratory, as the kids say. But it does make doing the laundry a little bit nicer.

And I really don't care if you buy it from my Lemonade Stand, because I'm pretty sure I'd only get about 1/3 cent per box. Just buy it from your grocery store or whatever.

My sincerest thanks.

No comments: