My friend Ana... by the way, color me green with envy because she lives in South Dakota, a state that I am inordinately fond of considering I've only been there twice... but it's so beautiful .... the endless vistas, the rolling hills, the roads straight as a plumb line from east to west, the sky that goes on forever... the enormous, empty loneliness and yet the sense of being intimately connected to past, present, and future... the other-worldly Badlands and the gloriously green and pine-scented Black Hills... the history, the cowboys, the Lakota... the great and terrible battles fought... the dust storms and blizzards, testing body and soul...
.... where was I again?
Oh yes! Ana! Anyway, she had a post yesterday about unusual deliveries from UPS, which makes me want to play "Can You Top This?"
Here's my entry for weird UPS delivery:
1) A package containing a flatworm, crayfish, a frog, and a fish
2) Another containing a cow eye, cow heart, and fetal pig
3) A third package containing... you have to know by now ... dissection tools.
My delivery was far more disgusting than Ana's. All in all, I'd rather have gotten Ana's. I'd really hoped to get through all my years as a homeschool mom without ever having to turn my kitchen into a gross anatomy lab -- and I do mean gross. But with a daughter who absolutely loves science, and is taking Advanced Biology this year, I had no choice.
So what's YOUR most unusual UPS delivery?
Monday, October 15, 2007
Talk about unusual UPS deliveries...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love your entries but wish you would read your emails .
AC
OK, Anonymous, I know who you are! AC = my dear godmother! Scolding me for not reading my emails -- when I hadn't even GOTTEN the email from her yet! Sheesh. Just want you all to know that I did read the email in question, and I did reply to it. :-)
Post a Comment