Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A rare craft project, by yours truly

I did such a crafty thing! And trust me, this is unusual. I'm just not one of those creative, artsy, crafty moms.


But, this time, I was! I had picked some lavender from my herb garden earlier this summer, and hung it up to dry in my kitchen.


Now, by my standards, just that alone qualifies as something incredibly cool. I've grown lavender for years and just never got around to actually, you know, picking it and using it or anything.


But this year I did. And then last week, I went to WalMart (go ahead and tell me I'm bad, but I actually like WalMart, because they always have whatever I need, and cheap. If that makes me bad, well, I'm sorry... but I'm still going to shop there unless the Pope tells me it's against faith or morals to do so.)

Anyway, I went to WalMart and bought some pink netting, and some pale violet ribbon, and came home and made these cute little sachets for my three daughters to put in their dresser drawers.

I wish I'd picked more lavendar. Maybe next year.

No comments: