Saturday, January 16, 2010

About love

Tonight during dinner, looking at all the beautiful faces around the table talking and laughing, I realized I would walk across hot coals for these people. Every one of them.

I don't get many opportunities to do that, however, so in the meantime I will have to settle for doing their laundry, shopping, cooking, cleaning, putting fresh sheets on their beds, taking them where they need to go, praying for them, and cheerfully (most of the time) doing everything else that comes with the wife-and-mother territory.

When you think about it, the hot coals trick might be easier.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Thank you for reminding me why and how I serve my family.

Blue Collar Catholic said...

Loved this post. My mother was a homemaker and called raising a family of 7 her "Corporal Works of Mercy."

Feed the hungry.
Give drink to the thirsty.
Clothe the naked.
Shelter the homeless.
Visit for the sick.
Visit those in prison. (and pray that it isn't your family)
Bury the dead.

Keep up the good work and the faith.