Monday, January 26, 2009

Most depressing thing I read all day

One line from Obama's "stimulus package" (read: socialist, money-wasting, economy-destroying pork bill):

$600 million to train primary care physicians, nurses, and dentists to "prepare them for universal health care system".

Well, that just depresses me more than words can say.

I'd like to say something about Pelosi, Reid, Obama, and the rest of these... well... these ...grrrrr.... politicians.... who are going to destroy the best health care system in the world and ruin our mostly-free-market, democratic-republic while they're at it, but as Auntie Em said, being a Christian woman, I can't say it.

h/t "Shoved to Them".

2 comments:

bob jones said...

Suppose you said it and then repented of the saying?

Just kidding. That's a little too close to being a mafioso in the Communion line, I know.

Thought you might appreciate this, although it's equally downbeat:
http://spectator.org/archives/2009/01/28/hard-times-for-our-founding-do

John McAdams said...

I tried to confirm this (since I was going to use it on my blog) and was unable to do so.

There is money for "training health care workers," but "for universal health care" may have been added by the blogger you cites.

Checking the text of the bill:

Check here

. . . it seems that the National Health Service Corps is what people are being trained for.

See p. 130 of the bill.

Does Obama want full scale socialized medicine? Of course. But this particular thing doesn't seem to check out.