Drudge had a headline this afternoon: "What's She Up To?", which linked to this article, "What Does Hillary Want?"
In the article, she's quoted as saying, "It's as old as Greek drama."
Oh. My.
Any reference to Greek drama makes my eyes pop wide open. As you know, Greek drama is full of bloody and brutal things. After studying it in depth this year, we became very much aware of all that Greek drama implies.
To be fair, Hillary was talking about the idea of catharsis in Greek drama.
But I'm betting she's willing to consider the bloodshed angle of it, too. Not literally, of course, but figuratively. Maybe a little fratricide? Castration?
ALL FIGURATIVE! Of course, of course.
Oh, this is going to be very interesting. I don't believe for one minute that the Clintons should be counted out of this thing. I can't wait to see the Dems' Greek Drama.
I mean, convention.
2 comments:
I'll bet on fratricide.
So long as you've studied that stuff, by the way, when Nat'l Pub Broadcasting runs its "Electra" opera again, it's worth watching.
Music by Strauss...really an excellent combo of music and text.
I agree, Dad29. Fratricide. She's going to try to kill Barack Obaba's candidacy in one way or another.
And thanks for the tip.
Post a Comment