Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I'm such a whiner

I've been sick for the last five days or so. Fever, chills, aches, stomach woes, general pain, fatigue, total malaise.

You know what they say about food poisoning, right? First you're afraid you're going to die, and then you're afraid you're not going to die.

Well, it's been sort of like that. I've been trying to offer it up... but mostly, I'm afraid, I've been whining. Not necessarily out loud. But in my head: lots of whining.

These days, when I get sick, I am encumbered with an irrational fear that I'm never going to get better.

And while I know that's silly, it does make me think of the people I know with diseases that really won't go away. How would I cope, were I in their shoes? How would I deal with constant pain, weakness, or malaise? Judging by the amount of whining going on in my head the past few days, I'm guessing not very well.

So, if you happen by this blog today, please pray for those with chronic illness. Please especially pray for the adult son of a friend who was recently diagnosed with MS. He and his wife have two little ones with another due in October.

I think I'll offer up the rest of my illness, sans whining, for their sakes.

No comments: