Saturday, May 07, 2005

Derby Day!

OK, the simple syrup is ready to go. We've got Early Times in the liquor cabinet.

Over coffee, the husband and I got to talking about the difference between whiskey and bourbon.

In case you, too, are puzzled by this, I provide this link as a public service: Here you go. (Wonder if James Wigderson is up on this, over at his library/pub. Hope you've got your bourbon ready to go, Mr. Wigderson!)

Anyway, I said I'd post our Derby picks today, but I can't yet, because the newspaper didn't have a decent list of the horses. I'm in a snit about this. What kind of crummy paper wouldn't have a special section devoted to the Derby, with a list of all the horses, photos, and stats? Hmmph.

I'll have to hit the Derby website, but it's not the same as poring over a newspaper spread out on the table, with coffee, notepad and paper. Have to say, the website is pretty cool, though.

I also can't list our picks now because our oldest daughters aren't home right now, and they'll want to get in on this, too. They went on a bike ride with a couple of friends to get a muffin for breakfast and do a little shopping at Target.

Be sure to stop back, as I promise to post more later.

UPDATE: I knew Mr. Wigderson would know the difference between bourbon and whiskey. He oh-so-eloquently explains in the comment below:

The difference between bourbon and whisky: bourbon I fall forward, whisky I fall backwards.

1 comment:

James Wigderson said...

The difference between bourbon and whisky: bourbon I fall forward, whisky I fall backwards.