The American Mind has this useful post, about Wisconsin voter registration laws.
They are so lax it's a joke. You can't rent a video without legitimate I.D., but here you can vote with just about nothing.
Which is exactly what seems to be happening with the voter fraud story. Nothing. At least in the major media, and even in the blogosphere.
However, I don't think WI Rep. Jeff Stone is going to let it drop in the legislature. Here's a bit of an interview he did with a local radio show, as transcribed by the blogger from My View of the World and posted at the Badger Blog Alliance:
Stone: Well, that's something that Scott Walker originally, uh, carried that mantle years ago. I've picked it up the last two sessions. Last session we put that on the Governor's desk and he vetoed it. Um, I have that bill now circulating, and I have a tremendous amount of co-sponsors in the Assembly, and my intent is to put that back on the Governor's desk, and I believe with all the other reforms that are being required under the Congressional guidance of the Help America Vote Act, I think now is the time for the Governor to step up and say we're going to fix elections in this state so they operate properly.This is what we need to do: Contact our representatives and tell them we want vote reform now. Call the Governor's office and give him the same message. More on this later.
No comments:
Post a Comment