Ah, sweet, sweet schadenfreude!
Honestly, I am totally stunned (and completely thrilled) that Obama didn't land the Olympics for Chicago. I really thought he must have known he had it locked up (or that he was going to pull such under-the-table deals that nobody could resist him).
At the same time, I'm more than irritated that he risked the awesome power and prestige of the United States presidency on such a meaningless task.
Still -- HA! He failed, his giant ego has been taken down a notch, and Rahm and Da Mayor and Senator Burris all look like the bunch of corrupt, pathetic hacks that they are. That's worth something. In addition, the taxpayers of Chicago will be spared the expense of hosting an Olympics, with all the white elephant stadiums and venues left over afterwards.
But darn, I really wish I hadn't gone to confession already today, because this post is so horribly uncharitable that I feel the need to go back.
In the meantime, here's another song to celebrate Rio getting the Olympics:
Friday, October 02, 2009
Why do I feel like singing?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I bet it hasn't even hit him yet. It is about time someone said, "NO" to him.
Post a Comment