Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dear President Obama

Received via email from my cousin in Virginia this morning:

Dear President Obama,

Thank you for helping my neighbors with their mortgage payments. You know, the ones down the street who in the good times purchased their house for no money down, refinanced it several times, then bought SUVs, ATVs, RVs, a pool, a big screen plasma TV, two Wave Runners, a boat, and a Harley.

I was wondering, since I am paying my mortgage and theirs, could you arrange for me to borrow the Harley now and then?

Signed,
"Concerned in CA"

P. S. They also need help with their credit cards, when do you want me to start making those payments?

P. P. S. I almost forgot - they didn't file their income tax return this year. Should I go ahead and file for them or will you be appointing them to cabinet posts?

2 comments:

Soutenus said...

I hope you don't mind but I have a some questions -----
Why do you homeschool?
What is/was the hardest or most unexpected part?
What curriculum do you use?
What is the highest grade you have taught to your kids?
Do you plan for them to transition into any other kind of schooling in the future?

We are making some big changes and I am hoping for sage advice :-)

Feel free to email me or just leave the answers in a com box at A Catholic Notebook.
I truly appreciate any information you have to share.

peggycortez
at
yahoo
dot
com

Anonymous said...

LOL! I just happened across your blog, and had a chuckle! Thanks for that!