Sunday, September 09, 2007

On the other hand.

Parts of homeschooling I like. Other parts, not so much.

Like the fact that by Friday evening, the living room looked like a book bomb had gone off. The laundry hadn't been folded for 3 days. I felt like I'd been dragged by my feet through a buffalo stampede. Going the wrong way.

I have no idea what that means; I was just trying to come up with some way to describe the eye-popping, head-spinning, tail-dragging way I felt.

Maybe it was just because it was the first week. But I have to say I'd forgotten how hard it is to homeschool four kids, and how much easier summer is, and how much I'd rather lay around with a book and an iced tea. That's mostly because I'm lazy, and lazy is easier than hard-working.

I'm comforting myself with the knowledge that it was just the first week. I'm sure we just need some time to settle into a nice schedule. Besides, the good things far outweigh the bad.

That, and knowing that it's just nine months till summer....

1 comment:

C said...

We only have 161 days left in our "year" ... not that I'm counting, or anything! :)