See that last post?? It sounds so ... snarky. Ugh. I didn't mean it to sound that way, but, looking at it now, with all the pixels in black and white, it sounds awful.
And this is why I abandoned this blog awhile ago. I look back at my posts and can't stand them.
And there's another thing, too. I had no problem blogging when I posted in blissful anonymity, when I started. But once there were real people reading my stuff, people who know me in real life, that gave me pause. Actually it gave me complete and total blogger's block.
It almost creeped me out, to think of my real life friends and acquaintances (especially those who don't know me all that well) reading what I've written and perhaps revising their opinions of me because of it. (But of course, I wouldn't know if this was happening, or even if they were actually reading the blog. Which is pretty unlikely, considering that most of the "readers" of this blog are accidental tourists in the blogophere.)
It wasn't just that they might "revise their opinions downward", but that they just might be surprised, or see a side of me they'd never seen before.
I also had trouble figuring out where I fit in, in the blogosphere. Sort of the high-school clique problem. Was I a political blogger? A mom blogger? A Catholic homeschool blogger? A staid, thoughtful, wise Catholic homeschool mom blogger? Or a sassy, not-afraid-to-drink-or-use-an-occasional-bad-word Catholic homeschool mom blogger?
Or just a run of the mill boring blogger, with nothing to actually say about anything? (I'm thinking yeah, that's the one...)
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Why I stopped blogging and probably will stop again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment